Head of Security Engineering (f/m/div)
At Penta we're on a mission to simplify business banking, allowing business owners to focus on the things they really love. They can open a bank account online in minutes, get debit cards for employees, send affordable foreign transfers and easily integrate their accounting solution into Penta. Close to 20.0000 businesses use Penta today and we are growing quickly.
We are building up a talented international team to grow our offerings and expand into new markets.
Be part of our journey to become Europe's most wanted business bank account!
About your new role:
For our location in Berlin we are looking for a Head of Security Engineering (m/w/d) who will play a central role in developing effective ways to increase the security of our systems and platforms. You will be an expert in solving existing production security issues and have an advanced understanding of intrusion detection and prevention practices. Governance and processes are tools in your belt that you use along with technical solutions to shape an environment with secure systems and services. You will cooperate with internal functions outside of the tech department, as well as external resources per need.
You have learnt the cost of complexity and like to keep things as simple as possible, but not simpler. You understand the importance of delivering value early and iteratively.
You should have a collaborative, self-motivated, enthusiastic personality with the urge to make the digital world a safer place.
In your new role, you will:
- Ensure the tech security of the product and infrastructure is always on the high level
- Foster a strong security engineering culture
- Ensure proper governance for system and access management
- Steer penetration testing and protect Penta from real attacks
- Collaborate and work in a cross-functional organized team with flat hierarchies
What we expect from you
- A solid foundation on topics such as networks, infrastructure, protocols, application and cloud security, IAM, SIEM, secure development and cryptography
- Experience performing regular security test to find new vulnerabilities, both manual and automated
- A passion for making security accessible and easy to do right, guiding the business and development teams finding the secure solutions
- Strong incident-response capability and the ability to handle burning issues methodically
- Understanding of attacker TTPs and the experience to deal with attacks, IT forensics skills is a plus
- Past experience as a developer or experiential understanding of how software is build in a modern software development environment
- 7+ Years of experience
- Good English communication skills
What can you expect from us?
- High degree of autonomy paired with a flat hierarchy
- Great office atmosphere and the ability to change the way banking works for SMEs
- Working with a great team in our amazing office in the heart of Charlottenburg
- Company-wide events - we believe hard work and success deserve to be celebrated both in and out of our office
- Strong network of companies and experts as part of the finleap family, Europe's No.1 fintech ecosystem
- Choice of computer
- 28 days of vacation
- Ability to travel between our offices
Interested to learn more? Apply below!