Tech Team Lead
At Penta we're on a mission to simplify business banking, allowing business owners to focus on the things they really love. They can open a bank account online in minutes, get debit cards for employees, send affordable foreign transfers and easily integrate their accounting solution into Penta. More than 20.000 businesses use Penta today and we are growing quickly.
We are building up a talented international team to grow the product and expand in Europe.
Be part of our journey to become Europe's most wanted business bank account!
About your new role:
As a Team Lead you manage and lead the team focused on both, technical implementations and aspects of line management, including software development, product releases, engineering tasks, recruitment and processes. In addition to hiring and training staff and delegating work assignments, you may also collaborate with colleagues to identify and repair technical and any sort of communication or processes issues they might have in the team.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Tradeoffs between technical, analytical and product goals
- Solves conflicts within the team
- Focus on the whole team’s productivity
- Line management (excluding compensation, benefits and team adjustments)
- Regular 1-1 sessions
- Keeping track on individual productivity
- Takes part in the recruiting process
- Making technical decisions
- Process execution
- Roadblock removal
- Provide Technical Guidance
- Implementing the best practices and coding standards of the project.
- Fulfilling all the commitments by timely delivering the deliverables.
- Share the success and failures with the team
- Work on constantly increasing the productivity of the team and reducing the waste
- Available for direct cooperation with the Principal Engineer and Engineering Manager
What we expect from you:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in engineering or related discipline
- Communicates (up/down) exceptionally well (what & when)
- Proficiency with Typescript or Java
- Technology agnostic approach in engineering
- 5+ years of engineering experience, ideally in a leadership role
- Leadership skills necessary
- NodeJS & React knowledge
- Excellent technical abilities
- Strong debugging & troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Adaptability to new technology
What can you expect from us?
- High degree of autonomy paired with a flat hierarchy.
- Clear goal setting together with the product team, based on company-wide OKRs.
- Great office atmosphere and the ability to change the way banking works for SMEs.
- Working with a great team in our amazing office employer benefits
- Company-wide events - we believe hard work and success deserve to be celebrated both in and out of our office.
- Strong network of companies and experts as part of the finleap family, Europe's No.1 fintech ecosystem.
- Choice of computer
- 28 days of vacation
- Personal learning budget
- Ability to travel between our offices